Your Day Sailing Adventure
Come sailing on Carino NZ in the calm waters of the stunning Bay of Islands.
Surround yourself with the abundant wildlife as wild dolphins come and say hello.
Indulge in a delicious lunch, stop over at beautiful remote islands, and sink your toes into sandy beaches.
Experience with us and help protect our wild dolphins!
Sail the Bay of Islands – New Zealand
Surrounded by deep blue water, vivid green islands and diverse wildlife, sailing on Carino NZ our 50ft catamaran is the best way to experience the stunning bay of islands
On board help to set sails or sit back and relax as the sails catch the breeze.
Time to take a deep breath and unwind!
While we are sailing, watch for our local little blue penguins, the world’s smallest penguin, our crazy diving gannets, pied cormorants, shearwaters, stormy petrels and other ocean birds.
- “CARINO NZ”, our yacht is purpose built for day sailing in the Bay of Islands
Wild Dolphin watching
The Bay of Islands is a unique location for bottlenose dolphins, as it provides them with abundant food and security for resting and breeding and is part of their large home territory.
We are the only yacht licensed by DOC to view wild dolphins in the Bay of Islands.
Every ticket directly contributes to marine mammal research and conservation – Protect the future.
- Here in the Bay of Islands we have very strict rules and regulations for conduct around wild dolphins. (conditions apply)
- Watch wild dolphins acting as they do in the wild
- Learn from our experienced crew to understand and appreciated the magic of wild dolphins
- Watch our adopted dolphins “ Bad Jelly and Jim” or other dolphins we know by sight and their names
- We are conscious of the need to protect the dolphins and respect their habitat. Interaction with the dolphins is at the dolphins’ invitation. (DOC regulations)
- Enjoy baby dolphin calves learning to swim ( birthing season late spring to summer)
- On board Carino NZ, great viewing of dolphins is to be had all around the yacht.
- See our our commitment to the future of Maine wildlife
Explore island beaches and island walks
At the island stopover, snorkel, take nature walks, or just relax in the sun on the sandy beaches.
- Snorkeling – all equipment is provided. See our ‘snorkeling tips’
- Scenic walks on Department of Conservation tracks are accessible on all islands, with spectacular Bay views.
- Relax on the beach in the sun, or maybe beach comb for that unique shell souvenir
- The BBQ lunch is held back aboard CARINO NZ. It is a kiwi style BBQ. Vegetarians are also catered for on request.
- CARINO NZ has a licensed cash bar, with a range of New Zealand beers wines and cool drinks.
Once you refuel with a yummy Kiwi-style barbecue lunch, resume sailing and discover more of the picturesque Bay of Islands’ historical and geographical points of interest.
Your 6hr day adventure includes
- Relaxing day sail
- A chance to feel the magic of Dolphins – Dolphin watching
- Lovely beaches on Island stopover
- Safe and easy Snorkeling
- Beautiful island scenic walks